
I flew from Seattle to Minneapolis, and Dana, my room mate from teacher training, picked me up. We went straight to the Minneapolis Bikram studio and practiced the 7pm class, before driving 2 hours to her house in Spicer. I stayed 2 nights there, then we drove back to Minneapolis on Wednesday so I could teach the noon class. Martha Williams, who is a very senior teacher and owns the studio, was in my class. I was a bit nervous at first, but the Bikram dialogue is so solid. After the class, Martha gave me some very valuable feedback, and I became aware of the little ‘extras’ that I had picked up from other teachers and had included them in my dialogue. They have been removed!
Thursday morning, I taught a class at the St Paul studio. I stayed with Helga and Hunter (from my group at teacher training), and they live about a 20 minute walk away from the studio. I had a very interesting walk there. While I was walking, I heard a loud crash, and across the road, a car had driven head first into a building! There were lots of people around, so I kept walking. A police car with sirens blaring raced to the accident. I continued down the road, and about 3 blocks later, I heard another big crash behind me. I turned and two cars had driven head on into each other!!!
I practiced Trent’s class on Friday morning...wow, what a dynamic teacher. Another Group 2 success! After class, Dana and I headed back to Spicer for the weekend. Here we are, Trent, Margaret, Hunter and Dana
No comments:
Post a Comment