Sunday, August 30, 2009

Milwaukee Friday 24 to Saturday 1 August


I was rather apprehensive about taking the Greyhound bus to Milwaukee, and asked Hunter if he would wait with me until the bus left, which he very kindly did. The St Paul, Minneapolis bus station was, well, a little grotty. There was lots of activity, people coming and going, and only one minor altercation between travelers. While I was waiting, a little boy, about 5-6years old, came up to me, touched the blue cross necklace, and said ‘hello, my name is Angel, and I like your cross’. I felt ok after that, Hunter didn’t have to stay, and the bus ride turned out really well. There was a cheerfully grumpy driver, and no delays. The ride took us through some interesting country side where I saw an Amish family on an outing, and at one of the stops, a Hutterite family got on board. The bus arrived on time at the shiny, new bus station in Milwaukee, and Carrie Belanger was there to meet me.

No comments:

Post a Comment